rndc problem

Dino Nardini dino at rivendellsoftware.com
Sat Aug 7 14:23:33 UTC 2004

Hi folks,

I've been tasked with evaluating FC2 as an upgrade path for our production
servers (currently running RH7.2).  FC2 installed quite smoothly on my test
box... I chose to do a custom install with no firewall (I prefer to unplug
the box from the Internet until I manually build a firewall).

While adding secondary domain entries to named, I noticed that the test box
wasn't polling the main DNS box for record information.  Upon closer
inspection I discovered that there was no rndc command channel open... the
logs reported that the original connect failed on 127.0.0.1#953.  After
doing some testing, I discovered that I could get named working fine when I
removed bind-chroot from the system.  Has anyone else seen this sort of
behaviour, and if so, is there a solution to get rndc working with bind-chroot?

Cheers and thanks... Dino

Rivendell Software - Dynamic Web Solutions
http://www.rivendellsoftware.com
Tel 902.461.1697
Fax 902.461.3765