What dvd writers are Fedora compatible?

Jeff Ratliff jefrat at earthlink.net
Sat Aug 7 15:01:44 UTC 2004

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 10:43:27PM -0500, Gerry Tool wrote:
> I am thinking about buying an internal dvd writer and want it to be
> useable in Fedora.  What makes/models have people successfully used?

I'm running a Sony DW-U14A and it seems to work fine. When playing
DVDs with Xine I get some errors to the logs, but I've never seen
the effects diring playback. It doesn't seem to drop frames or have
missing functionality.

As far as writing goes, it burns CD-Rs just fine through nautilus,
and I've burned DVD+RWs fine with growisofs.