Automatically mounting USB flash disks/ USB thumb drives

malik malik malikguna at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 10 13:37:13 UTC 2004

HI dibier

                   go thru the following line to get clear idea.

http://www.johnmunsch.com/articles/FedoraCoreGettingStarted/

guna.

Didier Casse <didierbe at sps.nus.edu.sg> wrote:
Hi everybody,
I just got tired of mounting and unmounting USB flash disks.
What's the fastest way of having them automatically mounted. Right now
I've to use something like this:

mount /dev/$SCSI /mnt/usb (where $SCSI=sda1 or sdd1)
everytime. And I've to do a trial and error to know which /dev/sd* to use!

Can anybody point a simpler way, script or neat rpm to me? Thanks.

With kind regards,

Didier.

---
PhD student.

Singapore Synchrotron Light Source (SSLS)
5 Research Link,
Singapore 117603

Email: didierbe at sps dot nus dot edu dot sg

Web: http://ssls.nus.edu.sg