CUPS Web Interface

Robert Locke rlocke at ralii.com
Tue Aug 10 18:53:32 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 14:18, Mike Wills wrote:
> Let me rephrase this, I am trying to log in from another machine. It
> looks like I have to configure the cups.config file. What do I need to
> get this working? I am setting up a server without KDE or Gnome
> installed.
>
> Sorry, about the confusion. I am working on this.

The file that controls the cups daemon is /etc/cups/cupsd.conf.  It is
fairly well commented.  You may want to troll over to www.cups.org to
check some of the HOWTO's over there on whether to open it up and the
possibility of doing it with cert's instead of sending the password in
clear text.....

HTH,

--Rob