fc2 isolinux can't find cdrom from cdrom!

sean darcy seandarcy at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 11 02:02:54 UTC 2004

ole bess is our server- now running fc1. ole bess is an old gateway machine
with the cdrom as hda and the disk - hdg -  on the promise ultra 100
adapter. Under fc1 all works fine. hdg boots up. I can mount hda.

But...

when I try to install fc2, I put disc1 in the cdrom, I get:

ISOLINUX 2.08
isolinux: Loading spec packet failed, trying to wing it
isolinux: found something at drive 81
failed to locate cd-rom device: boot failed

Notice isolinux is in fact on the cdrom!

I tried changing the cdrom to hdc and hde. Same result. Also tried to mount
disc1 and run autorun. Error: couldn't open display.

AFAICS, there's no boot.img i can use from a floppy.

Any help appreciated.
sean