GRUB Problem

David Barnsdale daividb2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 11 16:28:06 UTC 2004

> im having the following error when my system starts
up:

> Grub version 0.93
> [minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. for
the first word,TAB lists
> possible
> command completies anywhere else TAB lists the
possible completions of a
> device /
> filename.]
>
> grub>

This isn't an error as such but the basic non menu
interface.

If this is post install, you probably have a grub.conf
file in
/boot/grub/

If I recall correctly you need to do
configurefile = (hd0,2) /boot/grub/grub.conf

That is you've just installed on the third partition
of your
first disk.  If you do "root (hd0," (without quotes)
and then <TAB> you
will get a list of the partitions which should
point you to the one you need.

Check with <TAB> in case I haven't recalled quite
correctly.

David