Yum has screwed up my system :-(

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net
Thu Aug 12 15:14:09 UTC 2004

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 08:56:00AM -0600, Robin Laing wrote:
> >>The latest PHP updates from fedora-updates won't install due to the
> >>libxsltbreakpoint dependency which is the bug that I issued.
> >
> >And which has been fixed 6 weeks ago, see the bugzilla entry
> >above. You probably did not upgrade to these packages, which is why
> >you have troubles. If you need a fix, then you must also install it :)
> >
> When I returned from holidays there was a php* update listed through
> yum from fedora-updates.  None from atrpms.  I tried to install this
> update and still received the libxsltbreakpoint dependency issue.  I
> have been watching for an update from atrpms but none came.

> From bug tracking.
> "There is no way to reintroduce libxsltbreakpoint.so.1 with newer
> libxslt, so there was only one the php-rebuilding option left. Done so.
>
> Thanks for the report!"
>
> I never received any update for a new php from atrpms after this message.

It was/is there, but in the bleeding repo waiting for confirmation. I
guess that was a misunderstanding. Since then quite a lot of other
people have been testing it and php can move on to more stable
regions.

> I just submitted all I can remember.  It isn't much as I don't have
> any detailed notes.  I was working with multiple terminal windows and
> doing everything that way.  Some scribbles on paper.

Thanks, indeed it isn't enough to find the problems you were
seeing. Some of the packages you mention are not even at ATrpms
(dvdrecord?), so you may be seeing issues that were fedora proper and
attributed them to ATrpms. If you'll find time please try rectivating
ATrpms and simulate an upgrade. If you find something was going to
break please add it to your report.

> I for one am not looking forward to moving to FC3 when it comes out.
> I have stayed away from FC2 as I have to have my home machine working
> or my wife will kill me.  She hates it when I say I have to do an
> security update as she is afraid that there are going to be problems.

Just present her the latest Windows virus incident from the newspaper
to make her love it ;)

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net