FC1 user dissapointed

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Aug 12 15:33:09 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 12.08.2004 schrieb Felix Mathais um 17:13:

> The module in question is the tulip module. all ok in FC1 but all goes wrong in FC2.
>
> Felix

First of all: you "hijacked" the foreign thread "Re: FC2 and kernel
2.6.7 upgrade problems." which means that you posting appears to be part
of this very different discussion thread. Please only press reply when
you really want to reply. To start a new topic begin with a new message
creation window.

Then please don't post HTML formatted mails to this list and don't
top-post. This is following the general netiquette rules here. And it
gives you a better chance people willing to answer to your postings.

Too, if you have a problem you are the side to provide valid
information. As much information concerning the problem as you can give.
Actually we know you have a network card which is supported by the tulip
kernel module. That is all. Do you think this is enough information to
give you a fitting answer?

Is you card an ISA card? ISA cards are not (automatically) supported by
FC2. If you have a PCI card, what happens if you load the module by
hand? Does /var/log/messages has then information about your card? From
boot time, does "dmesg | less" print out any valuable information about
your NIC or anything about a problem?

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.7-1.494.2.2smp
Serendipity 17:25:37 up 8 days, 10:53, load average: 1.16, 1.36, 1.31