Installing a Desktop (X, Gnome, KDE)

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Aug 12 16:06:18 UTC 2004

Am Do, den 12.08.2004 schrieb Matthew Benjamin um 17:48:

> Does anyone know of a simple way to install a Desktop to Fedora Core 1
> Linux? I originally built it as a server, but now I want to use it for
> development, however I don't want to reinstall. When I look for the
> packages for these there are many not to mention all of the
> dependencies. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

> mattB.

As always: use yum or up2date (or even apt) to handle the dependencies.
yum even knows about the option "groupinstall", being able to install a
complete set of wanted packages. See the help and man page.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.7-1.494.2.2smp
Serendipity 18:04:33 up 8 days, 11:32, load average: 1.09, 1.36, 1.33