Error running K3B

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Thu Aug 12 18:50:26 UTC 2004

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 23:44:50 +0530, Kaustubh Ghosh wrote:

> I am having a problem running k3b on a RH9 computer.I myself use k3b on my
> computer running FC1 and everything works fine.I have both Gnome & KDE
> installed in mine.Now in my friends computer I tried to install the
> same(k3b-0.11.5-xcyb).He gave me root access.Now his computer only has
> GNome.I resolved all the dependencies and installed k3b.But when I try to run
> it from terminal,the following error is issued and exits.
> "k3b: relocation error: k3b: undefined
> symbol:_ZNK10KAboutData18copyrightStatementEv"
> What is the problem?Can anyone help me.Thanks in advance.

It's a run-time linking problem. Your version of k3b is incompatible
with your version of KDE/RHL9. I highly recommend the Red Hat Linux 9
k3b 0.11.12 package from http://fedora.us at e.g. this mirror location

  http://wftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/fedora/redhat/9/i386/RPMS.stable/

plus the corresponding k3b-mp3 plugin package from http://rpm.livna.org
The k3b package was made to work on Red Hat Linux 9 also in GNOME.