Cannot install FC2

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Thu Aug 12 20:20:35 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-12 at 16:08, Bill Tetens wrote:
> Totally new to Linux and am trying to install Fedora on a computer with
> a blank HDD.  I put disk one in the CD and changed the boot order
> putting the CD Rom first.
>
> The following error message is displayed after the CD appears to be checked.
>
> Reboot and select proper boot device
> or insert boot media in selectefd boot device.
>
> The CD passed the checksum  so I am assuming that it is OK but don't
> have a clue where to go now.  I know something is wrong but what.
>
> Help would be more than appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Welcome aboard!

Most likely you need to configure your bios to boot from the CDrom
drive.

The next most likely problem is that when you burned the CDs you did not
burn them as images.  In you CD burner software there should be an
option to burn the CD as an iso or image, then select the iso file you
downloaded.  This will burn a bootable CD.  If you just burned the iso
as data to the CD that will not work.

My money is on the bios settings.
--
Scot L. Harris <webid at cfl.rr.com>