[SOLVED] Re: FC2 + k3b + LG GCC-4521B DVD+CDRW combo anyone?

Andre Costa acosta at ar.microlink.com.br
Sat Aug 14 13:54:42 UTC 2004

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 22:52:58 -0700
RoboticGolem <roboticgolem at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, it wont be in the reader section because it is a recorder.

... so, how am I supposed to use "copy cd" feature? =) I don't have two
separate cdrom units (one burner and one reader)...

> I'm
> assuming you've tried to use it as a reader with k3b and it didnt
> work?

Exactly.

> If you still cant get it to work, you could try the old
> hdx=ide-scsi and try it.  (dont know if fc2 comes with it built in
> tho)

Mmmh... I've been reading that hdx=ide-scsi is not advisable on 2.6.x
kernels. So, I thought there should be some other way.

> Does cdrdao or cdda-wav work manually?

Yes -- well, at least, sort of:

==========
cdrdao disk-info --driver generic-mmc-raw --device ATA:1,0,0
Cdrdao version 1.1.8 - (C) Andreas Mueller <andreas at daneb.de>
  SCSI interface library - (C) Joerg Schilling
  Paranoia DAE library - (C) Monty

Check http://cdrdao.sourceforge.net/drives.html#dt for current driver
tables.

Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'

ATA:1,0,0: HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4521B    Rev: 1.03
Using driver: Generic SCSI-3/MMC (raw writing) - Version 2.0 (options
0x0000)

That data below may not reflect the real status of the inserted medium
if a simulation run was performed before. Reload the medium in this
case.

CD-RW                : no
Total Capacity       : n/a
CD-R medium          : n/a
Recording Speed      : n/a
CD-R empty           : no
Toc Type             : CD-DA or CD-ROM
Sessions             : 1
Last Track           : 1
Appendable           : no
==========

cdrdao did not get all information from the disk (like total capacity).
Still, it is reading the device:

==========
cdrdao read-toc --driver generic-mmc-raw --device ATA:1,0,0 aaa
Cdrdao version 1.1.8 - (C) Andreas Mueller <andreas at daneb.de>
  SCSI interface library - (C) Joerg Schilling
  Paranoia DAE library - (C) Monty

Check http://cdrdao.sourceforge.net/drives.html#dt for current driver
tables.

Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'

ATA:1,0,0: HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4521B    Rev: 1.03
Using driver: Generic SCSI-3/MMC (raw writing) - Version 2.0 (options
0x0000)

Reading toc data...

Track   Mode    Flags  Start                Length
 1      DATA    4      00:00:00(     0)     68:14:54(307104)
Leadout DATA    4      68:14:54(307104)

PQ sub-channel reading (data track) is supported, data format is BCD.
Raw P-W sub-channel reading (data track) is supported.
Analyzing track 01 (MODE1): start 00:00:00, length 68:14:54...

Reading of toc data finished successfully.
==========

cdda2wav works just fine, and it doesn't even need extra parameters.

> Have you run the k3b-setup proggy?

Yes. It can't seem to correctly identify this unit's specs, though
(like max recording speed etc.). xcdroast does it just fine.

> Does k3b give you any messages at all on startup?

Yes, it always complains it could not determine max recording speed and
asks me to define it manually.

Best,

Andre

--