Fedora 2 won't boot

Kellie Blackwell kb4fsu at cfl.rr.com
Sun Aug 15 19:25:44 UTC 2004

I had updated a RH7.3 machine to Fedora Core 2 which went OK but I was having network problems. I moved some IRQs around and now I can't boot my machine.

Here are the error messages:

Mounting root filesystem
mount error 6 mounting ext3
pivotroot: pivot_root (/sysroot, /sysroot/initrd) failed:2
umount /initrd/proc failed: 2
Freeing unused kernel memory: 144K freed
Kernel panic: no init found. Try passing init= option to kernel

IIRC error 2 (from pivotroot) is "no such file" which makes sense if it can't mount the root filesystem, I can't remember what an error 6 is.
Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Steve