Setting up network

Bill Tetens zuki269 at netscape.net
Sun Aug 15 20:00:22 UTC 2004

I am ready to give up.  I cannot copy to the floppy on the linux machine
with any sort of certainy and I cannot figure out what is wrong.  I
tried to set up the e-mail but my e-mail is on netscape and I do not
have an Imap for it.  Just not my day. I cannot get anything to work.

zuki269 at netscape.net wrote:
> Sorry I took so long in answering your e-mail.  I cannot copy the
> commands and replies to the floppy disk.  Everytime I try I get an error
> message:  error "I/O error" while copying.  Don't have a clue on that.
>
> here is the first command line and the second line is the reply:
>        rpm -qa | grep samba
>            samba-common-3.0.3-5
>
> second command   rpm -qa | greb yum
>            yum-2.0.7-1.1
>
> third command    rpem -qa | greb system-profile
>                17 system-config but none were samba

Finally got a copy and here it is.  Still don't understand just how to
do it.

[billw at workgroup billw]$ rpm -qa | grep samba
samba-common-3.0.3-5
[billw at workgroup billw]$ rpm -qa | grep yum
yum-2.0.7-1.1
[billw at workgroup billw]$ rpm -qa | grep system-config
system-config-securitylevel-tui-1.3.12-1
system-config-printer-0.6.98-1
system-config-kickstart-2.5.11-1
system-config-soundcard-1.2.8-1
system-config-display-1.0.14-1
system-config-network-1.3.17-0.FC2.1
system-config-securitylevel-1.3.12-1
system-config-services-0.8.8-8
system-config-language-1.1.5-2
system-config-rootpassword-1.1.3-2
system-config-users-1.2.13-1
system-config-network-tui-1.3.17-0.FC2.1
system-config-date-1.7.3.1-0.fc2.1
system-config-mouse-1.2.6-2
system-config-printer-gui-0.6.98-1
system-config-keyboard-1.2.1-2