SOLVED: subversion upgrade - "Expected version '3' of repository"

Sy Beamont sbeam at attbi.com
Mon Aug 16 12:54:40 UTC 2004

ok sorry for all the reply-to-selfs but masybe this will help someone:

On Monday 16 August 2004 07:52 am, Sy Beamont wrote:
> I've looked high and low but there does not seem to be a repository
> upgrade script anywhere. Is the only option to downgrade subversion?
> If so what would be the best way to do that - with yum?

# yum erase subversion
# wget
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/1/i386/subversion-0.32.1-5.i386.rpm
# rpm -i subversion-0.32.1-5.i386.rpm
# svnadmin dump /opt/svn > /tmp/subversion.dump
# yum upgrade subversion
# cd /opt/
# mv svn svn.old
# svnadmin create /opt/svn
# svnadmin load /opt/svn < /tmp/subversion.dump

-- make sure perms are ok in the db files
# cd /opt/svn
# chmod -R g+w db
# chmod g+s db
# chgrp -R users db