Logic for network-scripts?

Joe Christy joe at eshu.net
Mon Aug 16 15:55:31 UTC 2004

   Vis-a-vis Harry Putnam's note of 08/16/2004 08:09 AM:
> Not really what you asked for... that is no test involved but would
> setting the ONBOOT parameter on one or the other to `NO' help?

	Thanks, but you're right, that's not quite what I had in mind. If I'm
in the situation where the interface I need has ONBOOT unset, then when
I boot,  many subsequent network services, e.g. ntpdate, NFS mounts,
etc. fail and need to be started by hand, which is what I'd like to avoid.

	Joe