Failed dependencies error upon downloading yum

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Mon Aug 16 16:59:00 UTC 2004

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:33:13 -0400, DBS wrote:

> Thanks Michael,
>
> OK I installed the libxml2 rpm, tried installing yum again - rpm -ivh
> http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/redhat/8.0/yum/yum-2.0.3-5.rh.fr.i386
> .rpm
>
> and got the error -
>
> Retrieving
> http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/redhat/8.0/yum/yum-2.0.3-5.rh.fr.i386
> .rpm
> warning: /var/tmp/rpm-xfer.nOeAPh: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID e42d547b
> error: Failed dependencies:
>         rpm >= 4.1.1 is needed by yum-2.0.3-5.rh.fr
>
> Does this mean that now all that's left is to execute that huge command
> again that I originally did last night and that all the dependencies are
> met, but I just need to do a re execute of the command -

Yes. You need to execute it again and again until RPM terminates
successfully and doesn't report any "failed dependencies" anymore. As
mentioned before, you can append the yum package URL to that long command
as well as any other package that will be needed.

And please, in the future avoid top-posting.