new to Fedora

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 17 01:49:23 UTC 2004

Chris Jones wrote:
> Austin Isler wrote:

> I seem to remember back in the mists of time long lost that DOS 1.1 was
> actually using very similar commands to unix (notably cd, mkdir, but
> _not_ more or ls, for some reason best known to a certain W Gates who
> apparently jointly wrote PC-DOS as it was then called).
>
> Is that copyleft?
>
>> Austin

I don't remember that farback in versions of DOS. The story that I heard
was that he bought the OS off of some other individual or small company.
(Dirty DOS or something) Then sold the OS bought for a small fraction,
then sold it to IBM. Then IBM cleaned out a slew of bugs.

No matter, he's rich and I'm not. Who really cares about the actual
incident.

Jim

--
Badges?  We don't need no stinking badges.