mozilla and mplayer

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Tue Aug 17 14:18:03 UTC 2004

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004, adel.essafi wrote:

> hi list
> does any one have an exprerience with configuring mozilla to
> work with mplayer. There are some site that offers clips or
> songs and even tv on direct. the problem is that they want an
> appriate plug in.
> any input will be helpful
> thanks.
> note :I work with FC1 and I have install mplayer rpm and its
> codecs

This will work for Mozilla in pretty much any version of Red Hat/Fedora:

In Mozilla, go to Edit/Preferences.

In the preferences window, go to the Navigator section, and down to Helper
Applications.

In the Helper Applications area, click "New"

For MIME Type, input "video/mpeg"

For Extension, input "mpg mpeg mpe"

In the "When a file of this type is encountered" box, select "Open it
with:" and type /usr/bin/mplayer in the box. Select "OK" and you should be
on your way.
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit