Greetings

Beej-in-GA bryan-smith at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 19 18:03:14 UTC 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Edward Croft" <ecroft at OPENRATINGS.com>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2004 1:37 PM
Subject: Re: Greetings

<Snip>
> Welcome B.J.,
> Let me just take a moment and give you an quick intro so you don't get
> flamed. You might try Google and the archives before asking a question.
> There are some here that can be very testy. Don't take it personal. The
> point of Googling is so that you build your research skills at the same
> time. As far as netiquette. Never top post. That is, when you respond to
> a message, respond below. If the message starts to get long, <snip> some
> of the irrelevant material to keep things brief. Never post in HTML.
> Some use text only mail readers and they get all the HTML code besides
> the message. This is the same with those who receive the digest version.
> Never hijack a thread. What that means is that you don't just hit the
> reply button to another message and change the subject to your question.
> Always start a new message when asking a new question.
> Just trying to make your stay pleasurable. Oh, and there is no maid
> service, so you will have to pick up after yourself.
> Good luck.
>
> --
> Edward M. Croft
> Sr. Systems Engineer
> Open Ratings, Inc.
> 200 West Street
> Waltham, MA 02451-1121
>

> --

Hi Edward,
Thanks for the short primer.  Sorry about the first post having html
sticking out all over.  As you could see I am still trapped in windows for
the present.  I was just looking at the archive for August when I noticed
your post and decided to say Thanks.  I am researching the problems I am
having.  If I can't find the answer or nothing applies, then I scream for
help.  Surely, most of the possible problems have already been found and
work arounds and solutions found so I will earnestly try my darnedest.  I
see you are from Waltham, I am in Georgia, but was born in Holyoke.  More
years ago than I care to admit.  See ya on the list.
Best Regards,
B.J.

Quisnam vigilo custodis?