FC 2 won't shutdown or reboot

Thomas E. Dukes edukes at alltel.net
Fri Aug 20 00:40:41 UTC 2004

Hello again,

This is another of several problems I've been working on since upgrading
from RH 9.  Hopefully, all these will get worked out.  I must have had a
bad install or something.

I am using gnome as the desktop and when it installed, I didn't get
anything on the panel excpet the RedHat 'Start" button.  I don't know if
its related to the reboot/shutdown problem or not.

But when I need to reboot or shutdown, it won't.  I have to kill the
power.  Anyone sen this before?  I searched the archives but didn't find
anything relating to this type of reboot problem.

TIA
--
Thomas E. Dukes <edukes at alltel.net>