Cannot connect to pop server

Bart Jourquin bart.jourquin at fucam.ac.be
Fri Aug 20 15:26:38 UTC 2004

Hi all,

My system runs FC2 and cron is configured for a  yum update every night.
I'm using Evolution as a mail client for more than one year (initially
on a RH9 box).

Evolution is configured with several mail accounts which have their own
pop server. Everything was going well until a few weeks ago. Since then,
I cannot read my mails on one of these servers anymore. I made a lot of
tests, and this is what I can say:

1) The pop server is not down, and I can read my mails from a Windows
box with several mail clients
2) I can read on the same pop server from linux boxes with other
distributions (Mandrake, Suze, ...)
3) I can read my mails on other pop accounts from my FC2 box
4) I've three computers with FC2 (yum updated). The same problem occcurs
on the three boxes
5) I've tested several mail clients on the FC2 boxes. None gives access
to my pop account
6) Even a telnet on the 110 port of the pop server ("telnet pop.swing.be
110") doesn't work, although it is OK from other linux distributions or
Windows.
7) Everything was OK on my FC2 boxes until a few weeks ago. I can't give
an exact date, because was out of office for a few weeks.

Any hint?

Bart

--
Prof Dr Bart Jourquin