Cannot connect to pop server

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Fri Aug 20 16:38:28 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 12:24, Philippe wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 23:18, Bart Jourquin wrote:
> > That's right.
> >
> > I've a 2.6.8-1.521 kernel.
> >
> > I don't know which kernel Alexander Dalloz has, but he seems not to be
> > able to connect pop.swing.be...
>
> Reading his signature ... kernel 2.6.8-1.521 as yours.
>
> --
> Philippe, Chiangmai, Thailand

Ran ethereal from an RH8 system as well as FC2.

With RH8 I get what appears to be a good response using telnet to 110.
I see the SYN, SYNACK, ACK, and the response +OK QPOP (version 2.4) at
coldber.synet.be starting.

On the FC2 box I see the SYN, SYNACK, ACK but no response from the
server side after the ACK.

One thing I noted was on the RH8 system the ACK had a win=5840 on the
FC2 system the win=5888.

So far that is the only real difference I have seen.

Will continue to look at the traces to see what else is going on.

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com

Hurricane Charley survivor