New video card install failed

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Sat Aug 21 17:36:15 UTC 2004

I'm running the latest kernel. I just changed out my NVIDIA card for a Radeon 9200.
Hardware probe didn't pick this up during reboot, and when I get to the xstart, the system
tries several attempts each time kicking back to the logon prompt, and finally gives me an
error message, saying would I like to look at the logs of the attempts. The log shows that
it still has the NVIDIA configuration, so it appears. Can someone tell me a short solution
to this, or point me towards some troubleshooting resources. I can get to prompt and log
in as root, but I'm not sure how to proceed from there.

Claude Jones
WTVS, Leesburg, VA
a division of Levit & James, Inc.