installing fedora along with windows xp

Alexander Dalloz alexander.dalloz at uni-bielefeld.de
Sat Aug 21 18:24:04 UTC 2004

Am Sa, den 21.08.2004 schrieb Surya Rao um 19:54:

> I have NO experience with linux or doing a dual boot installation
> before but I need to get this done in the next 24 hours

> sora

http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/

I suggest you start with reading the installation documentation. Though
it is for RH9 it mostly fits for Fedora too.

It handles too the dual-boot topic. To be prepared for a problem which
might hit you, please read too

***WinXP Dual boot problems***
So you've installed Fedora Core 2 and now you can't boot into Windows
XP...STOP RIGHT THERE! Quit playing with that partition table. Go here
for the fix:

http://www.fedorafaq.org/#nodualboot

If you'd like to read in-depth info on this problem, why it happens and
why the above cure works, go here:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2004-May/msg00908.html

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp
Serendipity 20:20:52 up 1 day, 16:03, load average: 0.47, 0.22, 0.13