Cannot start Fedora 2.

Edward edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Mon Aug 23 06:56:36 UTC 2004

Soo Sip Boon wrote:

> Recently just install FC2 by using text mode
> installation.
>
> when i want to start boot, my monitor go blank. i
> never success for any startup. I was tried to boot
> from rescue disk and used vim to do changes on
> etc\X11\Xorg.conf but seem the vim have problem to do
> edit. in the vim mode i cannot move the cursor up and
> down, delete things.
>
> I suspect because of my monitor not support high
> resolution.
>
> I'm running on AMD XP 2500 Barton
> Asus motherboard
> 512MB ram
> Nvidia Geforce 4 display card
>
> any idea of this?

Search the archives or Google, this comes up way too many times.
Basically, yes, it could be because of your monitor, or it could be
because of the Asus motherboard. (you didn't specify the model).

It's been fixed heaps of times on this list though, so you should easily
be able to find the references on the archives or google.

Regards,
Ed.