Installing Fedora from a NFS server.

William Hooper whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 23 16:09:01 UTC 2004

Gustavo Gobi Martinelli said:
[snip]
> I read the RedHat 9 documentation about NFS server and I have to have a
> mirror from the NFS server of the RedHat. So, what is the address of the
> Fedora NFS
> server?

I think you misread the documentation.  You just need a server with the
same file structure as a mirror server (for example
http://mirror.hiwaay.net/redhat/fedora/linux/core/2/i386/os/ ).

You could make it even easier by just using the ISOs as the source.  Put
the 4 ISOs in a directory by themselves, export it via NFS, and there you
have it.  Boot the new machine either using the first CD or using the
boot.iso image and tell it you are doing an NFS install.

--
William Hooper