cd mounting?

Kostas Sfakiotakis kostassf at cha.forthnet.gr
Tue Aug 24 21:40:41 UTC 2004

Greetings Aaron ,

Aaron wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can't get any reading from my cd. I try just read from a file browser
> (konquerer).
>
> I see nothing (Does FC2 have automount?)
>
> I try mount /mnt/cdrom and get an error that the cd is already mounted.
>
> how do I access the cdrom?

First of all i guess you mean you are trying to access a data cd and not
an audio cd . You have to pay attention that audio can't and shouldn't
not be mounted .
For data CDs now .

Since you say that you get a prompt which says that the cd is already
mounted then from the xterm issue the command

#mount     ; YES ! without any parameters .

This command will print you all the mounted filesystems that you have at
the momment . Then the only thing you have to do is , change to the
directory that mount command says /dev/cdrom is mounted  and there you
are , the contents of the cdrom should be displayed .

> Thanks
> Aaron

Kind Regards ,
   Kostas