Windows Media players

Douglas Furlong douglas.furlong at firebox.com
Wed Aug 25 08:37:46 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 20:16 -0400, Claude Jones wrote:
> Mark Haney wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 2004-08-23 at 14:12, Claude Jones wrote:
> >

> >>accumulated contacts, address book entries, etc..., plus the need
> >>to interact with my co-workers using Outlook's feature-set. This
> >>seems like a useful 'fix'.
> >>
> >>Claude Jones
> >>Levit & James, Inc./WTVS
> >>Leesburg, VA, USA
> >

> > Have you tried Evolution's Exchange connector?  Works like a charm with
> > Exchange 2003.
> >

> > --------------------------------------
> > Mark Haney
> > Network Administrator
> > InterAct Public Safety Systems
> > mhaney at interactsys.com
> > Fedora Core release 2 (Tettnang) Kernel: 2.6.8-1.521 GNU/Linux
> > 14:13:57 up 6:00, 3 users, load average: 1.64, 2.00, 2.22
> >

> I haven't. It's not high on my priority list, for now. Alexander's
> program suggestion has cleaned up workplace-origination emails. But,
> thanks for the suggestion. Does this program also work with plain
> vanilla Outlook, or only with Exchange?
The Exchange Connector only works with Microsoft Exchange, when it has
the web interface enabled.

If you are not using Microsoft Exchange, what tools is Microsoft Outlook
providing you/your company that you can't get from Evolution? I thought
as far as collaborative work, the bulk of outlook functionality is
enabled and tied in to exchange?

Evolution supports web-calendars, and booking appointments via this
manner, and task lists as well as some other stuff. Any way, just
curious :)

--
Douglas Furlong
Systems Administrator