Corrupted display when booting without external monitor

Martijn Bronkhorst mbronkhorst at keppelverolme.nl
Thu Aug 26 11:01:45 UTC 2004

Dear Mailinglist,

I have installed Fedora Core 2 and when I boot, I get my screen all 'torn
apart'. Fedora correctly recognized my videocard (ATI mobility 128mb) and I
have manually selected my display (Dell 104 x 768 Laptop LCD).

The funny thing is, when there is an external monitor connected and you
press the FN key to select to output on both displays .. The screen is
perfect on the laptop. When I boot without an external monitor connected,
the screen is unreadable again.

Can you advise me on what to do, where to look ????

Thnx.

Martijn Bronkhorst