patching kernel 2.6.5

ne... akabi at speakeasy.net
Thu Aug 26 19:30:09 UTC 2004

On Aug 26, 2004 at 15:07, Alan Brown in a soothing rage wrote:

>Hello from Newuserland!
>
>I've tried to do my homework (Fedora-list archives, web searches, HOWTOs,
>etc) on this, but haven't come up with an explanation or solution.  I
>recently installed Fedora Core 2 with kernel 2.6.5-1.358, and before doing
>anything else, want to patch the source and compile the kernel to bring it
>up to date.
Which source are you talking about? Fedora source is
patched. If you list the src.rpm, you will find the
kernel.org tarbol plus the patches that have been
applied.

>I've got patch files for 2.6.6 through 2.6.8.1 and all the
>signatures check okay.
These patches should only be applied to the kernel.org kernel.

HTH
N.Emile...
The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple. After that, it's all learned.
(Bruce Ediger, bediger at teal.csn.org, in comp.os.linux.misc, on X interfaces.)
15:24:36  up 59 days,  8:39,  4 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00