problem with Apache 2.0.50 on FC1

Ronald Nissley ronn at emm.org
Thu Aug 26 21:56:56 UTC 2004

...or more likely it's an issue with my configuration. I'm trying to
setup name-based virtual hosts. In my case, I have two internal sites I
want to host (e.g. site1.mydomain.org and site2.mydomain.org). In
/etc/httpd/conf.d/ I have two config files (site1.conf and site2.conf)
corresponding to the two sites. When I attempt to visit either site via
a browser, only site1 is displayed.

'httpd -S' reveals:

	VirtualHost configuration:
	wildcard NameVirtualHosts and _default_ servers:
	*:*                    site1.mydomain.org
(/etc/httpd/conf.d/site1.conf:4)
	*:*                    site2.mydomain.org
(/etc/httpd/conf.d/site2.conf:1)
	_default_:443          hostname.mydomain.org
(/etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf:99)
	Syntax OK

If I uncomment the line 'NameVirtualHost *:80' in the
/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file and restart httpd, 'httpd -S' yields:

	VirtualHost configuration:
	wildcard NameVirtualHosts and _default_ servers:
	*:*                    site1.mydomain.org
(/etc/httpd/conf.d/site1.conf:4)
	*:*                    site2.mydomain.org
(/etc/httpd/conf.d/site2.conf:1)
	_default_:443          hostname.mydomain.org
(/etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf:99)
	Segmentation fault

Attempts to visit http://site1.mydomain.org/ or
http://site2.mydomain.org still result in the same page (the home page
for site1). Note that the DocumentRoot directives in the site1.conf and
site2.conf files are pointing to different directories...and the
index.html files stored in those directories are not alike or similar.

Help would be much appreciated.

TIA,

Ronald Nissley