[Fedora] hosts.allow error

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Fri Aug 27 18:31:59 UTC 2004

Scott wrote:

>**Unmatched Entries**
>   /etc/hosts.allow, line 7: missing ":" separator: 144 Time(s)
>   /etc/hosts.allow, line 6: missing ":" separator: 144 Time(s)
>
>What does it mean when it say's the ":" separator is missing?

    What does your hosts.allow look like?  Typically, when you're
blocking services, you define a daemon_list and client_list, separated
by a :, so for example, if you just want to block an ip from all your
services, it would look like this:

    ALL: aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd

    Notice the : - make sure you have that.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.