Certified Linux Laptop

Gary Allen Vollink gvfedora at corvu.com
Sat Aug 28 04:12:51 UTC 2004

Dell does not have linux certified laptops (only desktops -- and in the
current inventory it's only the Dell Precision series workstation).
However ... The Dell Latitude D600 series is known to work well with
Linux, although Modem support is spotty (this is true on almost every
new laptop I've been able to find).

That said, if anybody knows of a laptop that comes with a Linux capable
modem (without major overhaul issues or add-on PCMCIA cards), I'd be
happy to hear about it, too.  I'm currently in the market for 22 laptops
for my company and Linux compatability would be a good thing.

Thanks,
Gary Allen Vollink