Help needed with mozilla (FC2) after RH update run

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Sun Aug 29 10:32:57 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-29 at 02:43, jmccarro wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I've just gotten a new Linux system with FC2, and I'm new to Linux, so I
> don't know what I'm doing yet. I just ran a RH update thing from this button
> on the toolbar at the bottom of my desktop. It is red with a "!". After
> working my way through the various wizards, it seemed to have completed the
> update. That's fine. However, something very strange has happened after doing
> this. When I start Mozilla now, there is no mail client anymore!!! (I'm using
> a webmail interface from my ISP to send this.) For the past several weeks
> since getting this new system, I've been using Mozilla for mail and news
> quite nicely. Now, the mail client is completely missing from Mozilla. Can
> someone please help by telling me how to get it back?

You need the mozilla-mail package installed. Do you have it?

rpm -q mozilla-mail

If that returns nothing, try getting and installing the RPM manually:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/2/x86_64/mozilla-mail-1.7.2-0.2.0.x86_64.rpm

(or a local mirror may be faster).

Paul.
--