Nautilus slow to browse samba shares

Scot L. Harris webid at cfl.rr.com
Mon Aug 30 03:19:47 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-08-29 at 23:06, Marc Williams wrote:

> > I don't think I have any answers but I need to ask, how are you
> > connecting to the other server?  Are you using the Network Servers item
> > in the main menu?
> >

> Yes, a.k.a. the Nautilus browser.

Wow!  I don't have much more time tonight but will set it up at work in
the morning and let it sit there.  I have FC1 systems that pop up all
the systems in a second or two.  But have yet to see FC2 do the same.

> > >From what you have reported maybe I am just not waiting long enough.
> > Will have to try that.
>
> I am interested in your results.  In my case it was sheer luck that I
> happened to have been called away from my client machine long enough to
> have discovered that waiting awhile solved the problem.  This after
> quite a bit of diddling trying to get it to work.

I opened a bug report on this problem but other than one other person
that added a comment saying they see the same thing I have not heard any
more on it.

I followed the same steps I used on FC1 for this.  What all have you
tried?

--
Scot L. Harris
webid at cfl.rr.com