Shutdown in one step

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 3 10:58:37 UTC 2004

On Friday 03 Dec 2004 09:57, Ben Arnold wrote:
> The way I do it:
> Create a launcher on the desktop pointing to "/sbin/shutdown" and run it as
> a different user: root. It needs to be root but you can set it up to do
> that in launcher properties.
> The same can be done with /sbin/reboot.
>
> I'm using KDE and find it a pain to logout and then shutdown.

OK.. check this out:

http://kshutdown.sourceforge.net/

It will fix all your problems, NOTE there are many excellent additions for KDE
on http://www.kde-apps.org/
You can use Checkinstall http://asic-linux.com.mx/~izto/checkinstall/ to build
RPM's assuming you have all the required qt/kde dev packages.

Enjoy

Colin
--
Fedora Core 2, Custom Built Kernel 2.6.9-ck3
KDE-Redhat-3.3.1-4.1.2.kde