xorg draw/redraw problem - possible fault tweak in FC3

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Dec 21 02:11:41 UTC 2004

Daniel Harrison wrote:
> I previously had a copy of FC2 installed on my machine, but since i
> upgraded to FC3 my display dosn't seem to redraw properly.
>
> Basically things don't appear till you mouse over them, and if they
> are not active objects they don't appear at all. for example fire fox
> has an empty window and when i select the applications menu i get
> nothing until i mouse over where it should be.
>
> I have an Aopen motherboard with (what anaconda identifys as) a Intel
> 810 video card on board.
>
> Any suggestions?

Edit your xorg.conf file and add
Option "NoAccel"
to your device section of this file.

After you upgrade your system, the newer xorg-x11 packages should work
without this option added to your kernel. This is a longstanding problem
  that gets a lot of us that have the Intel 810/815 video cards.

Stay away from the test kernels. They kill systems with 810/815 graphics
controllers. The kernel in the updates repository works fine. It is the
updates/testing repo to be aware of.

Jim

--
Anything worth doing is worth overdoing.