Fedora Extras is extra

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Wed Dec 1 01:59:05 UTC 2004

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Bernd Radinger wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 02:21:18 +0100 (CET), Dag Wieers <dag at wieers.com> wrote:
>
> so, be so kind and don't attack me. thank you!

You're right, I didn't think or checked ATrpms. I'm sorry if you felt I
was attacking you, because that was certainly not the intent.

> > > http://atrpms.net/dist/fc3/alsa-lib/
> > > http://atrpms.net/dist/fc3/flac/
> > > http://apt.atrpms.net/fedora/3/en/i386/RPMS.at-stable/
> >
> > I'm sure Axel has good reason to. RPMforge's policy however is not to
> > replace non-leaf packages. (like libraries and system packages)

BTW if people encounter problems with packages, they should report them.
I'm sure Axel's packages do not fail on fc3 and implying so without
verification is indeed FUD.

> > You're probably confused by now, but compatibility between repositories
> > does not mean we have the same policies about replacing packages. RPMforge
> > has a common policy about this and other topics.
>
> is this documented somewhere?

Not everything, I hope I can finish the website before New Year. But as
always there's no real pressure to have one, as it's not targetting the
users, only the packagers.

But I guess it wouldn't be bad if people were more informed about this.
Because the loudest voices often are the illinformed ones anyway.