is it good to be uptodate before you upgrade to fc3

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Wed Dec 1 02:33:41 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 20:02 -0600, Ed Wilts wrote:

> I suspect the FC3 upgrade was tested on an unpatched FC2 install and
> on
> a fully up-to-date FC2 install.  I would be surprised if Red Hat did
> any
> testing with some packages up to date and some not.
>
> Almost all of the errata I remember reading state that the assumption
> is
> that all previous errata have been applied.

I thought FC was more than an errata update, and that Anaconda was a
little better at these things than rpm or up2date. I do recall that when
up2date was new it proved well able to break a system.

Unless the release notes say otherwise (and I have read them, though not
searching for this topic) then there's no reason to suppose it matters.