sendmail on a laptop

Trevor Smith trevor at haligonian.com
Wed Dec 1 04:55:38 UTC 2004

On December 1, 2004 12:37 am, Ernie McCracken wrote:
> For awhile, I just used sendmail to deliver mail directly.  Then I found
> that some of my mail was bouncing because ISPs had deemed my IP address
> was part of a block of DHCP-assigned IP addresses.  This was presumably
> done to keep spammers and virus-infected machines from sending mail
> directly from their PC.

OK, this suggests a few questions to me:

1. it appears you are saying that sending directly through my localhost's
sendmail *will* work from different networks. Was that what you found? (I
haven't tested yet.)

2. Assuming yes to #1 above, was it sending through sendmail that was causing
people to blacklist you? I don't quite understand the technology involved
well enough to see how this would be a problem.

Trevor Smith // trevor at haligonian.com