Laptop Battery Usage

sly dsyc at go.ro
Wed Dec 1 05:25:25 UTC 2004

Scot L. Harris wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 10:46, Raffi Khatchadourian wrote:
>

>>Yes, but the power management system under windows decides when to
>>turn off your laptop. I would suppose that a laptop running linux
>>without power management software would run until all power is
>>depleted.
>>

> Of course that is true.  I know FC2 can be configured to alert the user
> when the battery hits a certain level.  I believe I have mine set at
> 12%, it pops up a window alerting me that the battery is low.  And with
> the right acpi or apm options I believe it can be setup to execute a

i'm a little confused w/ this acpi. i was trying to ru it and i found
out i don't have. i have acpid. and i looked for acpi and i found a 2
year old version. now, i don't know what is the differance inbetween
acpi and acpid; and if it' ok to install that ald version.
but i do have the alert configured to %15 and it works.
btw: i have acpi=on on grub.conf.

sly
(561)601-4303
dsyc at go.ro