FC3 SMP builds do NOT contain ext3 drivers in the build!!!!

Fred Skrotzki fskrotzki at cephiretech.com
Thu Dec 2 17:54:49 UTC 2004

no I have not gone to bugzilla as I wanted a second confirmation first.

The boot image for smp does not have the drivers included.  I was about to build a new boot image and see if that solves the problem.

Single proc code boots and works just great.

Also I need to get used to the changes as I've jumped from RH 8 up (current box) to FC3 so attempting to understand all the changes.

Rebuilding a kernel is not a issue for me except for the time.   Remember the 6.x days of doing it a lot for ipchains firewall patches, etc.