Compiling FC3 kernel.

Juan Pablo Claude jpclaude at charter.net
Thu Dec 2 22:33:13 UTC 2004

Hello everyone:

	I am having trouble recompiling the FC3 kernel. I have had the same
error since the FC# test3 release. When recompiling the kernel (I need
ftape support) the compilation fails on /drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_os.c
The compiler reports an unimplemented "qla2x00_callback" function.

	I am using the source tree supplied in the 4th SRPMS iso disk image,
which produces linux-2.6.9.tar.bz2. I uncompressed that file in my home
directory and used a build directory in my home as well.

	There were a bunch of patch files included in the SRPM, but they were
all numbered up to 2.6.9 so i did not apply them. Besides, how does one
know in which order to apply the patches?

	Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Juan-Pablo Claude