update emails & files out of sync?

Martin msembx-redhat at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 3 02:23:51 UTC 2004

I am curious why the email announcements of Fedora
updates come to me on Fedora-announce-list _after_ the
updates show up on the mirror servers - often a day or
more, it seems.

This is more than an idle concern, because my update
procedure tries to make me chose whether or not to
install updates before the informational posting is
available that would help me decide.  I would think
the email ought to come out simultaneous with if not a
little before the files themselves get posted.

Is there another place to raise such a concern?

Thanks for info!

Martin