update emails & files out of sync?

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Dec 3 04:36:00 UTC 2004

On Friday 03 December 2004 11:39, Mike Klinke wrote:
> I wouldn't get your hopes up that it's a vast developer conspiracy
> although I'm sure that'll make good copy.  Most likely, like
> everything else in life, the paper work is the last thing to be
> done.  From what I've seen it's more likely the developers are just
> getting the job done, and then, if they remember, send out the
> change announcement.

I'm sure there's a procedure in place, and that he procedure is what happens
now.

Updates get pushed when ready.
Once the mirrors have time to get synchronised (probably 24 hours or so), the
notices go out.

You _cannot_ get them, notices or no, until they're ready and distributed. You
can get updates without notices if you go looking for them. OS X an Windows
users do it all the time. Not enough Windows users true.

--

Cheers
John Summerfield