Working with DVD-RAM discs

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Dec 3 05:32:28 UTC 2004

On Friday 03 December 2004 10:56, Edward wrote:
> I've never done this, so don't take me too seriously, but I believe the
> universal data format for DVD Data reading is UDF?

mkisofs -udf
is a good plan when intending to burn the result to DVD+- media.

I suspect Thom is pretty much on top of it, but don't tell him yet; I've been
meaning to play with some DVD-RAM media (but not my own, I'm allergic to the
price).

For bulk carnet, I prefer USB disk enclosures with real disks in them. For
lesser amounts of data RW DVD media suit me.

--

Cheers
John Summerfield