OpenOffice ridiculously slow to start on FC3

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 3 11:07:01 UTC 2004

On Friday 03 Dec 2004 03:21, Lewi Kristianto wrote:

> I had the problem too
> in my FC2 installation with latest OO,
> strace oowrite gave me, waiting for cups response
> so if I restart cups services, OO opening...
> nope for the fresh FC3

It maybe worth you guys trying this out:

http://segfaultskde.berlios.de/index.php?content=oooqs

OO loads in about 5-7 secs now for me (First Opening) 2 secs from then on..
And as I have mentioned before use Checkinstall to build the RPM, you really
*don't* want to install source apps on an RPM based system IMHO.

Colin
--
Fedora Core 2, Custom Built Kernel 2.6.9-ck3
KDE-Redhat-3.3.1-4.1.2.kde