OpenOffice ridiculously slow to start on FC3

Rokicki, Andrew ARokicki at US.TIAuto.com
Fri Dec 3 21:19:51 UTC 2004

	Try to temporarily rename you resolve.conf file. It is in etc
directory.

Andy R.
Somewhere at:  41 -72

> This has been raised before but I have a bad problem with OO on FC3. I
> start it...the banner appears and the blue progress bar quickly goes
> across to 100% - and then nothing happens for at least 5 minutes.
>
> Nothing to do with swapping or CPU. The CPU load falls to zero, disc
> activity ceases.....but no window appears for absolutely ages. The
> system doesn't hang up, because all other activities can continue;
> browsing, email etc.
>
> This is on an Celeron M320 with 256Mb, 20Gb and 490Mb swap space.
>
> Any ideas?

The information contained in this transmission may contain privileged and confidential information.
It is intended only for the use of the person(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email
and destroy all copies of the original message. This communication is from TI Automotive.