FC3 Graphical Install and Boot Problems

Richard Duncan duncric at iit.edu
Sat Dec 4 05:03:52 UTC 2004

Well finally after getting it to boot in runlevel 3 I was able to
modify inittab to always do that.  I've narrowed the problem down to
the radeon kernel driver.  If I go into xorg.conf and change the driver
to vga, I can get X to start properly and display things mostly right,
but with oddity: it only works in 8-bit color mode (since that's
apparently all vga supports), and no matter resolution I set it to, I
get this 640x480 screen "zoomed" in on the upper left hand corner of
the screen (i.e., only showing the upper left quarter of the desktop).
Its odd that the kernel radeon driver won't work, since it did for me
in FC2.

New problem.  Any new ideas anyone?